ESPN.com’s Kevin Seifert, who writes for the NFC North Blog, posted an entry today with his thoughts and observations about the Bears training camp so far. He covers three hot issues including whether the Bears can get on track by Week 1 of the regular season, if they’re going to be better at safety, and how the duo of Matt Forte and Chester Taylor will operate out of the backfield.
Seifert also assesses the biggest surprise and disappointment of camp, the latter of which he says is the pass defense, saying that “the fruits weren’t immediately clear” of how much the Bears improved their pass rush and coverage during the off-season.
You can read the full entry here.
- ‘Mitch Trubisky Era’ begins now for the Chicago Bears
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday