ESPN.com’s Kevin Seifert, who writes for the NFC North Blog, posted an entry today with his thoughts and observations about the Bears training camp so far. He covers three hot issues including whether the Bears can get on track by Week 1 of the regular season, if they’re going to be better at safety, and how the duo of Matt Forte and Chester Taylor will operate out of the backfield.
Seifert also assesses the biggest surprise and disappointment of camp, the latter of which he says is the pass defense, saying that “the fruits weren’t immediately clear” of how much the Bears improved their pass rush and coverage during the off-season.
You can read the full entry here.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear