ESPN.com’s Kevin Seifert, who writes for the NFC North Blog, posted an entry today with his thoughts and observations about the Bears training camp so far. He covers three hot issues including whether the Bears can get on track by Week 1 of the regular season, if they’re going to be better at safety, and how the duo of Matt Forte and Chester Taylor will operate out of the backfield.
Seifert also assesses the biggest surprise and disappointment of camp, the latter of which he says is the pass defense, saying that “the fruits weren’t immediately clear” of how much the Bears improved their pass rush and coverage during the off-season.
You can read the full entry here.
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed