ESPN.com’s Kevin Seifert, who writes for the NFC North Blog, posted an entry today with his thoughts and observations about the Bears training camp so far. He covers three hot issues including whether the Bears can get on track by Week 1 of the regular season, if they’re going to be better at safety, and how the duo of Matt Forte and Chester Taylor will operate out of the backfield.
Seifert also assesses the biggest surprise and disappointment of camp, the latter of which he says is the pass defense, saying that “the fruits weren’t immediately clear” of how much the Bears improved their pass rush and coverage during the off-season.
You can read the full entry here.
- Breaking down the Bears, post-dress rehearsal
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal