I thought this was an interesting story by Yahoo! Sports’ Jason Cole. With insight from an unspecified Vikings player, Cole reports that Vikings head coach Brad Childress told his assistant coaches to lie about three Vikings players that went down to Mississippi to lure Brett Favre back to Minnesota.
Furthermore, this story runs deeper than just this isolated incident. As one Vikings player put it: “Brett thinks Childress has no clue about offense.”
And anther player said, “Brett just doesn’t trust him.”
Cole reports in his story that “Because owner Zygi Wilf and team president Mark Wilf both live in New York, Childress doesn’t have to answer to anyone on a day-to-day basis.”
I’ve always believed Childress was a subpar head coach and I reveled in the fact that Minnesota overpaid him much to the effect that the Bears overpaid Lovie Smith following his Super Bowl team. At least there are two coaching staffs that are on the hot seat in the division.
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler