I thought this was an interesting story by Yahoo! Sports’ Jason Cole. With insight from an unspecified Vikings player, Cole reports that Vikings head coach Brad Childress told his assistant coaches to lie about three Vikings players that went down to Mississippi to lure Brett Favre back to Minnesota.
Furthermore, this story runs deeper than just this isolated incident. As one Vikings player put it: “Brett thinks Childress has no clue about offense.”
And anther player said, “Brett just doesn’t trust him.”
Cole reports in his story that “Because owner Zygi Wilf and team president Mark Wilf both live in New York, Childress doesn’t have to answer to anyone on a day-to-day basis.”
I’ve always believed Childress was a subpar head coach and I reveled in the fact that Minnesota overpaid him much to the effect that the Bears overpaid Lovie Smith following his Super Bowl team. At least there are two coaching staffs that are on the hot seat in the division.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year