I thought this was an interesting story by Yahoo! Sports’ Jason Cole. With insight from an unspecified Vikings player, Cole reports that Vikings head coach Brad Childress told his assistant coaches to lie about three Vikings players that went down to Mississippi to lure Brett Favre back to Minnesota.
Furthermore, this story runs deeper than just this isolated incident. As one Vikings player put it: “Brett thinks Childress has no clue about offense.”
And anther player said, “Brett just doesn’t trust him.”
Cole reports in his story that “Because owner Zygi Wilf and team president Mark Wilf both live in New York, Childress doesn’t have to answer to anyone on a day-to-day basis.”
I’ve always believed Childress was a subpar head coach and I reveled in the fact that Minnesota overpaid him much to the effect that the Bears overpaid Lovie Smith following his Super Bowl team. At least there are two coaching staffs that are on the hot seat in the division.
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers