I thought this was an interesting story by Yahoo! Sports’ Jason Cole. With insight from an unspecified Vikings player, Cole reports that Vikings head coach Brad Childress told his assistant coaches to lie about three Vikings players that went down to Mississippi to lure Brett Favre back to Minnesota.
Furthermore, this story runs deeper than just this isolated incident. As one Vikings player put it: “Brett thinks Childress has no clue about offense.”
And anther player said, “Brett just doesn’t trust him.”
Cole reports in his story that “Because owner Zygi Wilf and team president Mark Wilf both live in New York, Childress doesn’t have to answer to anyone on a day-to-day basis.”
I’ve always believed Childress was a subpar head coach and I reveled in the fact that Minnesota overpaid him much to the effect that the Bears overpaid Lovie Smith following his Super Bowl team. At least there are two coaching staffs that are on the hot seat in the division.
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks