Bears linebacker Nick Roach underwent a minor knee surgery Tuesday but is expected to be ready for the regular season, according to ChicagoBears.com.
The injury is a setback to Roach in his competition with Pisa Tinoisamoa for the starting strong-side linebacker job. The more time that he misses, the more control of the position Tinoisamoa will assume.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks