Bears linebacker Nick Roach underwent a minor knee surgery Tuesday but is expected to be ready for the regular season, according to ChicagoBears.com.
The injury is a setback to Roach in his competition with Pisa Tinoisamoa for the starting strong-side linebacker job. The more time that he misses, the more control of the position Tinoisamoa will assume.
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler