Bears linebacker Nick Roach underwent a minor knee surgery Tuesday but is expected to be ready for the regular season, according to ChicagoBears.com.
The injury is a setback to Roach in his competition with Pisa Tinoisamoa for the starting strong-side linebacker job. The more time that he misses, the more control of the position Tinoisamoa will assume.
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game