Bears linebacker Nick Roach underwent a minor knee surgery Tuesday but is expected to be ready for the regular season, according to ChicagoBears.com.
The injury is a setback to Roach in his competition with Pisa Tinoisamoa for the starting strong-side linebacker job. The more time that he misses, the more control of the position Tinoisamoa will assume.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach