ESPN reported during its pregame show that Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris will not play against the Packers. Suzy Kolber reported that the decision to make Harris inactive was not due to injury or suspension.
One of two things can be deduced from this announcement. Either it is a disciplinary action and the Bears are choosing to phrase it as “deactivating” Harris for this game rather than “suspending” him, or it’s a dramatic move by Lovie Smith that sends a statement to Harris that his performance thus far has been sub-par and unsatisfactory.
Either way, the Bears are sending a message to Harris that he’s not being a productive member of the Chicago Bears.
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft