Detroit Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson has provided the Bears with a little bulletin board material by guaranteeing a victory over them in Sunday’s game, as reported by the Detroit News.
“Yeah, I said we’re going to win,” Burleson said. “We only have five games left and my goal is to finish 7-9. Like I’ve been saying all year, we don’t have a team on our schedule that we can’t beat.”
Not to belittle his prognostication skills, but apparently Nostradamus hasn’t learned his lesson. Last season, as a member of the Seattle Seahawks, Burleson guaranteed a victory over division rival Arizona. The Cardinals won that game, 31-20.
Expect a similar result from the Bears. Good luck to Burleson and his third-string quarterback, Drew Stanton.
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft