Detroit Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson has provided the Bears with a little bulletin board material by guaranteeing a victory over them in Sunday’s game, as reported by the Detroit News.
“Yeah, I said we’re going to win,” Burleson said. “We only have five games left and my goal is to finish 7-9. Like I’ve been saying all year, we don’t have a team on our schedule that we can’t beat.”
Not to belittle his prognostication skills, but apparently Nostradamus hasn’t learned his lesson. Last season, as a member of the Seattle Seahawks, Burleson guaranteed a victory over division rival Arizona. The Cardinals won that game, 31-20.
Expect a similar result from the Bears. Good luck to Burleson and his third-string quarterback, Drew Stanton.
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job