Detroit Lions wide receiver Nate Burleson has provided the Bears with a little bulletin board material by guaranteeing a victory over them in Sunday’s game, as reported by the Detroit News.
“Yeah, I said we’re going to win,” Burleson said. “We only have five games left and my goal is to finish 7-9. Like I’ve been saying all year, we don’t have a team on our schedule that we can’t beat.”
Not to belittle his prognostication skills, but apparently Nostradamus hasn’t learned his lesson. Last season, as a member of the Seattle Seahawks, Burleson guaranteed a victory over division rival Arizona. The Cardinals won that game, 31-20.
Expect a similar result from the Bears. Good luck to Burleson and his third-string quarterback, Drew Stanton.
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50