ESPN’s Rick Reilly did an interview with Fox’s Kerry Sayers about Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Reilly didn’t have a favorable opinion of Cutler and said that the general public felt the same way.
Honestly, Rick, I don’t care what you think about Cutler or any other Bears player. Some Bears fans may agree with your assessment of Cutler and others could care less. I’m one of the latter. I don’t care how bright Cutler’s star is, nor do I care how “jolly” he is.
It’s nice to have likable guys with good personalities on your favorite teams, but my opinion of players isn’t dictated by their personalities. After all, I’m not friends with the players. I’m not going to hang out with them after the games or make plans with them during the week.
I care how they perform on the field, and in that sense, Cutler is on my good side and I like him as a player very much.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night