ESPN’s Rick Reilly did an interview with Fox’s Kerry Sayers about Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Reilly didn’t have a favorable opinion of Cutler and said that the general public felt the same way.
Honestly, Rick, I don’t care what you think about Cutler or any other Bears player. Some Bears fans may agree with your assessment of Cutler and others could care less. I’m one of the latter. I don’t care how bright Cutler’s star is, nor do I care how “jolly” he is.
It’s nice to have likable guys with good personalities on your favorite teams, but my opinion of players isn’t dictated by their personalities. After all, I’m not friends with the players. I’m not going to hang out with them after the games or make plans with them during the week.
I care how they perform on the field, and in that sense, Cutler is on my good side and I like him as a player very much.
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks