ESPN’s Rick Reilly did an interview with Fox’s Kerry Sayers about Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. Reilly didn’t have a favorable opinion of Cutler and said that the general public felt the same way.
Honestly, Rick, I don’t care what you think about Cutler or any other Bears player. Some Bears fans may agree with your assessment of Cutler and others could care less. I’m one of the latter. I don’t care how bright Cutler’s star is, nor do I care how “jolly” he is.
It’s nice to have likable guys with good personalities on your favorite teams, but my opinion of players isn’t dictated by their personalities. After all, I’m not friends with the players. I’m not going to hang out with them after the games or make plans with them during the week.
I care how they perform on the field, and in that sense, Cutler is on my good side and I like him as a player very much.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear