SI.com’s Peter King, a known Bear-hater and Packer-lover, has done a weekly Top 15 — called “The Fine Fifteen” — since the beginning of the season. In this week’s edition, his Top 3 teams are Green Bay, Pittsburgh and the New York Jets — the other three teams playing in conference championship action this week along with the Bears.
The fourth team would seemingly be Chicago, right? They’re the last remaining team in the playoffs.
Nope. King has ranked the Patriots fourth and the Bears fifth. That’s right, a team that is cleaning out its lockers and won’t play football until August (maybe even later if there’s a lockout) is ranked higher than the Bears.
I don’t care if the Patriots WERE a better team than the Bears; they’re not playing anymore. Hence, ranking them higher than the Bears is just ridiculous.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce