The NFL owners received a setback Monday when Judge Susan Nelson ordered an end to their lockout with no stay to the decision. That means, in effect, that unless the owners can successfully appeal the decision in a higher court, the league would have to open business immediately.
The ruling amounts to an early victory for the players, but there are still further legal battles ahead.
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job