The NFL owners received a setback Monday when Judge Susan Nelson ordered an end to their lockout with no stay to the decision. That means, in effect, that unless the owners can successfully appeal the decision in a higher court, the league would have to open business immediately.
The ruling amounts to an early victory for the players, but there are still further legal battles ahead.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year