The NFL owners received a setback Monday when Judge Susan Nelson ordered an end to their lockout with no stay to the decision. That means, in effect, that unless the owners can successfully appeal the decision in a higher court, the league would have to open business immediately.
The ruling amounts to an early victory for the players, but there are still further legal battles ahead.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach