A look at Chicago Bears news and views for July 6, 2011, including where Skip Bayless ranks Julius Peppers among the best defenders in the NFL, how the lockout will affect the Bears’ chances of playing in the Hall of Fame Game in the preseason, and Roberto Garza’s Hall of Honor honor.
Skip Bayless names Julius Peppers top defender in the NFL
July 6, 2011 3:00:39 PM CDT
Can we have any more Julius Peppers on a list posts on Windy City Gridiron? Skip Bayless, along with Herm Edwards …
Chris Harris says camp needs to start on time for HOF Game (The National Football Post)
July 6, 2011 1:35:12 PM CDT
The first game that stands to be a victim of the NFL’s lockout is the Hall of Fame Game Aug.
Should Bears Play in Hall-of-Fame Game?
July 6, 2011 1:32:22 PM CDT
One month from tomorrow, the Bears are scheduled to start their pre-season against St. Louis at the Pro Football Hall of …
NFL labour: Lawyers handling paperwork again (The Canadian Press)
July 6, 2011 12:10:26 PM CDT
NEW YORK, N.Y. – Lawyers for the NFL and the players’ association are again sorting out contract language and details that …
Bears’ Garza bound for Lone Star Hall of Honor
July 6, 2011 11:09:00 AM CDT
The Corpus Christi Caller reports: Chicago Bears guard Roberto Garza and former Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Dwight White …
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone