A look at Chicago Bears news and views for July 6, 2011, including where Skip Bayless ranks Julius Peppers among the best defenders in the NFL, how the lockout will affect the Bears’ chances of playing in the Hall of Fame Game in the preseason, and Roberto Garza’s Hall of Honor honor.
Skip Bayless names Julius Peppers top defender in the NFL
July 6, 2011 3:00:39 PM CDT
Can we have any more Julius Peppers on a list posts on Windy City Gridiron? Skip Bayless, along with Herm Edwards …
Chris Harris says camp needs to start on time for HOF Game (The National Football Post)
July 6, 2011 1:35:12 PM CDT
The first game that stands to be a victim of the NFL’s lockout is the Hall of Fame Game Aug.
Should Bears Play in Hall-of-Fame Game?
July 6, 2011 1:32:22 PM CDT
One month from tomorrow, the Bears are scheduled to start their pre-season against St. Louis at the Pro Football Hall of …
NFL labour: Lawyers handling paperwork again (The Canadian Press)
July 6, 2011 12:10:26 PM CDT
NEW YORK, N.Y. – Lawyers for the NFL and the players’ association are again sorting out contract language and details that …
Bears’ Garza bound for Lone Star Hall of Honor
July 6, 2011 11:09:00 AM CDT
The Corpus Christi Caller reports: Chicago Bears guard Roberto Garza and former Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Dwight White …
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night