That report has now been denied by the league, writes NFL Network reporter Jason La Canfora.
Via his Twitter account, La Canfora writes: “For those asking about report of cancelled Hall of Fame Game, the NFL, via @gregaiello, says the report is not true. Game hasn’t been nixed.”
There’s no reason as of now to cancel any games considering no team has missed any scheduled training camp time. If the lockout rolls past July 23 — the date on which the Bears and Rams are scheduled to begin practicing — then I feel the NFL will consider dropping the Hall of Fame Game, even though I still feel they could pull it off with a week of preparation time.
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte