That report has now been denied by the league, writes NFL Network reporter Jason La Canfora.
Via his Twitter account, La Canfora writes: “For those asking about report of cancelled Hall of Fame Game, the NFL, via @gregaiello, says the report is not true. Game hasn’t been nixed.”
There’s no reason as of now to cancel any games considering no team has missed any scheduled training camp time. If the lockout rolls past July 23 — the date on which the Bears and Rams are scheduled to begin practicing — then I feel the NFL will consider dropping the Hall of Fame Game, even though I still feel they could pull it off with a week of preparation time.
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft