That report has now been denied by the league, writes NFL Network reporter Jason La Canfora.
Via his Twitter account, La Canfora writes: “For those asking about report of cancelled Hall of Fame Game, the NFL, via @gregaiello, says the report is not true. Game hasn’t been nixed.”
There’s no reason as of now to cancel any games considering no team has missed any scheduled training camp time. If the lockout rolls past July 23 — the date on which the Bears and Rams are scheduled to begin practicing — then I feel the NFL will consider dropping the Hall of Fame Game, even though I still feel they could pull it off with a week of preparation time.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach