As expected, the Bears have informed free agent punter Brad Maynard that they intend to move on without him and will not re-sign the 37-year-old to a new contract, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Maynard spent 10 years with the Bears and had plenty of success with the team. His strongest attribute was pinning the ball inside the 20-yard line, but his waning leg strength over the past few years became a liability and the Bears have chosen to bring in a fresh leg.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year