As expected, the Bears have informed free agent punter Brad Maynard that they intend to move on without him and will not re-sign the 37-year-old to a new contract, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Maynard spent 10 years with the Bears and had plenty of success with the team. His strongest attribute was pinning the ball inside the 20-yard line, but his waning leg strength over the past few years became a liability and the Bears have chosen to bring in a fresh leg.
- 2016 NFL Mock Drafts: Who will the Bears pick in the first round?
- Chicago Bears Draft Needs - 2016 NFL Draft
- Could Brian Hoyer sign with the Bears?
- Chicago Bears 2016 Season Predictions
- Chicago Bears 2016 Schedule and Previews
- Connor Cook to visit Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears preseason schedule
- Corey Coleman visits Bears
- Omar Bolden, Bears agree to one-year contract
- Bears sign offensive lineman Ted Larsen