As expected, the Bears have informed free agent punter Brad Maynard that they intend to move on without him and will not re-sign the 37-year-old to a new contract, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Maynard spent 10 years with the Bears and had plenty of success with the team. His strongest attribute was pinning the ball inside the 20-yard line, but his waning leg strength over the past few years became a liability and the Bears have chosen to bring in a fresh leg.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks