As expected, the Bears have informed free agent punter Brad Maynard that they intend to move on without him and will not re-sign the 37-year-old to a new contract, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Maynard spent 10 years with the Bears and had plenty of success with the team. His strongest attribute was pinning the ball inside the 20-yard line, but his waning leg strength over the past few years became a liability and the Bears have chosen to bring in a fresh leg.
- Matt Forte, Bears set to part ways
- Bears will eye Broncos free agents
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract