As expected, the Bears have informed free agent punter Brad Maynard that they intend to move on without him and will not re-sign the 37-year-old to a new contract, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Maynard spent 10 years with the Bears and had plenty of success with the team. His strongest attribute was pinning the ball inside the 20-yard line, but his waning leg strength over the past few years became a liability and the Bears have chosen to bring in a fresh leg.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft