“Hey, it’s tough. These offensive linemen are tough to find. We’ve got a good nucleus of young guys with traits that we look for but they’ve got to come together. We just can’t run up and down the starting line, get a guy with a few games under his belt with NFL experience and think that’s the answer.
“They’ve got to come together. We like our young players. We need to start developing our young players and how are you going to develop them if you don’t play them. And if you don’t play them, how do they know you believe in them? So, it’s a Catch-22.
“We brought in an experienced center that is still in the prime of his career. It’s the best we could do. That’s all we could do. Everybody has an opinion, they need this, they need that. Well, tell me who you want. Who should we look at? Give me names. Don’t tell me about our problems, give me solutions. I’m in the solution business. Not identifying the problems. You [media] do a great job of identifying our problems. How about a few solutions?”
-Bears general manager Jerry Angelo on criticisms he’s received for not addressing the offensive line problems and how they can go about fixing them.
From the Chicago Tribune.
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deon Bush in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Nick Kwiatkoski in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jonathan Bullard in third round of 2016 NFL Draft