“We’ve always had that problem here for some reason. Like I had the defense on my headset during the game when they were talking and I was trying to call plays.”
-Bears offensive coordinator Mike Martz on the technical difficulties in the team’s headsets and Jay Cutler’s helmet.
That’s a serious — and, quite frankly, embarrassing — problem. The Bears operate in a nine-billion-dollar industry; shouldn’t they be able to fix this equipment? Between the Soldier Field grass problem and the electronics issues, the Bears have even more problems than who suits up each Sunday.
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler