As written in the Yahoo! Sports blog, Shutdown Corner, free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens has received a contract offer to play football in Chicago.
Before you jump out of your seat with either excitement or skepticism, let me clarify that it is for the Arena Football team, the Chicago Rush.
“We feel that this is an ideal time to approach the future NFL Hall of Famer,” said Rush General Manager and President Gene Nudo. “It would be a fantastic honor to add Terrell to our current roster for the 2012 season.”
You have to wonder if Owens — whose agent, Drew Rosenhaus, hasn’t fielded any calls since Owens held a workout recently to prove he has recovered from ACL surgery — will be desperate enough to return to football that he takes this offer.
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?