As written in the Yahoo! Sports blog, Shutdown Corner, free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens has received a contract offer to play football in Chicago.
Before you jump out of your seat with either excitement or skepticism, let me clarify that it is for the Arena Football team, the Chicago Rush.
“We feel that this is an ideal time to approach the future NFL Hall of Famer,” said Rush General Manager and President Gene Nudo. “It would be a fantastic honor to add Terrell to our current roster for the 2012 season.”
You have to wonder if Owens — whose agent, Drew Rosenhaus, hasn’t fielded any calls since Owens held a workout recently to prove he has recovered from ACL surgery — will be desperate enough to return to football that he takes this offer.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear