As written in the Yahoo! Sports blog, Shutdown Corner, free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens has received a contract offer to play football in Chicago.
Before you jump out of your seat with either excitement or skepticism, let me clarify that it is for the Arena Football team, the Chicago Rush.
“We feel that this is an ideal time to approach the future NFL Hall of Famer,” said Rush General Manager and President Gene Nudo. “It would be a fantastic honor to add Terrell to our current roster for the 2012 season.”
You have to wonder if Owens — whose agent, Drew Rosenhaus, hasn’t fielded any calls since Owens held a workout recently to prove he has recovered from ACL surgery — will be desperate enough to return to football that he takes this offer.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night