The following excerpt — transcribed by Pro Football Talk — came from former Bears defensive tackle Anthony Adams’ Twitter account, in which he thanks the city of Chicago, Bears fans, and former Bear Richard Dent.
“Thank You Chicago!! Thank you to all of the coaches, all of the players, all of the former greats, and to all of the die hard fans. Special Thank You to Richard Dent for allowing me to wear #95! I did not feel comfortable wearing it, but you were so cool about it! You all have been phenomenal to my family and my growth! Chicago will always have a place in my heart. It is the city that loved me for 5 yrs! It is the city where I witnessed the births of my 3 children! It is the city where I won my first division championship! It is the city of great food and even greater people! I have never witnessed so many fans who love the players the way you do – win or lose. It has been a honor to play for you! My family and I will forever cherish all of the relationships we built and I hope this will always be a place you will let me call home! Beardown Chicago! Let them know why you’re wearing the crown!”
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears