The Bears made headlines as the 2012 free agency period kicked off, but it was not via the market.
FOX’s Jay Glazer reported via Twitter that the Bears have acquired Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall for two third-round draft picks.
Marshall, an enigmatic player who has had his share of off-field problems, will have a reunion of sorts with Jay Cutler. The two played together — quite successfully — in Denver before the Broncos traded both players in separate offseasons.
The Bears had been rumored to have interest in San Diego free agent receiver Vincent Jackson, but that move becomes moot at this point. Now the Bears still have draft picks and a lot of money to make more moves, including possibly targeting defensive end Mario Williams.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear