The Bears made headlines as the 2012 free agency period kicked off, but it was not via the market.
FOX’s Jay Glazer reported via Twitter that the Bears have acquired Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall for two third-round draft picks.
Marshall, an enigmatic player who has had his share of off-field problems, will have a reunion of sorts with Jay Cutler. The two played together — quite successfully — in Denver before the Broncos traded both players in separate offseasons.
The Bears had been rumored to have interest in San Diego free agent receiver Vincent Jackson, but that move becomes moot at this point. Now the Bears still have draft picks and a lot of money to make more moves, including possibly targeting defensive end Mario Williams.
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job
- Bears sign former Detroit Lions running back Joique Bell
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone