The NFL Network released a list of the Top 100 players of 2012 as voted on by NFL players.
Considering it was players who did the voting, the whole list is a farce to begin with. Allowing players to vote on their peers is like letting kids in school elect their class president. It’s a popularity contest, and the results of this particular list prove that Bears quarterback Jay Cutler still remains unpopular among his peers.
Cutler not only did not make the list, but he was passed over for Tim Tebow, a good football player but an atrocious quarterback who is now a backup with the New York Jets. Tebow finished No. 95.
Cutler is capable of playing with a chip on his shoulder — some say it’s when he’s at his best — and with new weapons in his arsenal this season, don’t be surprised to see some fireworks between the lines.
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach