According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the amount of guarantees in Matt Forte’s contract extension with the Bears is $17.1 million, not the $18 million reported by several media outlets on Monday.
The lower figure even further makes the deal look good for the Bears as — mentioned yesterday — the Bears would have doled out almost that much if they would have used the franchise tag on Forte both this season and next.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft