According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the amount of guarantees in Matt Forte’s contract extension with the Bears is $17.1 million, not the $18 million reported by several media outlets on Monday.
The lower figure even further makes the deal look good for the Bears as — mentioned yesterday — the Bears would have doled out almost that much if they would have used the franchise tag on Forte both this season and next.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear