According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the amount of guarantees in Matt Forte’s contract extension with the Bears is $17.1 million, not the $18 million reported by several media outlets on Monday.
The lower figure even further makes the deal look good for the Bears as — mentioned yesterday — the Bears would have doled out almost that much if they would have used the franchise tag on Forte both this season and next.
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job