According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the amount of guarantees in Matt Forte’s contract extension with the Bears is $17.1 million, not the $18 million reported by several media outlets on Monday.
The lower figure even further makes the deal look good for the Bears as — mentioned yesterday — the Bears would have doled out almost that much if they would have used the franchise tag on Forte both this season and next.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night