According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the amount of guarantees in Matt Forte’s contract extension with the Bears is $17.1 million, not the $18 million reported by several media outlets on Monday.
The lower figure even further makes the deal look good for the Bears as — mentioned yesterday — the Bears would have doled out almost that much if they would have used the franchise tag on Forte both this season and next.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks