Multiple news outlets reported that the Bears have announced they will not be bringing back Brian Urlacher next season.
In Urlacher’s 13 seasons with the Bears, he grew into the face of the franchise and led a Hall of Fame career, but knee problems and old age have turned him into a shadow of his former self.
The Bears will have to try to replace him through the draft or find a cheap veteran alternative as a new era begins.
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?