Multiple news outlets reported that the Bears have announced they will not be bringing back Brian Urlacher next season.
In Urlacher’s 13 seasons with the Bears, he grew into the face of the franchise and led a Hall of Fame career, but knee problems and old age have turned him into a shadow of his former self.
The Bears will have to try to replace him through the draft or find a cheap veteran alternative as a new era begins.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year