Multiple news outlets reported that the Bears have announced they will not be bringing back Brian Urlacher next season.
In Urlacher’s 13 seasons with the Bears, he grew into the face of the franchise and led a Hall of Fame career, but knee problems and old age have turned him into a shadow of his former self.
The Bears will have to try to replace him through the draft or find a cheap veteran alternative as a new era begins.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night