Multiple news outlets reported that the Bears have announced they will not be bringing back Brian Urlacher next season.
In Urlacher’s 13 seasons with the Bears, he grew into the face of the franchise and led a Hall of Fame career, but knee problems and old age have turned him into a shadow of his former self.
The Bears will have to try to replace him through the draft or find a cheap veteran alternative as a new era begins.
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte
- Kevin White’s arrow pointing up despite injury
- Bears Quarterback Controversy? It’s Jay Cutler’s job