In each of Matt Forte’s first four seasons in the league, he caught more than 50 passes for at least 470 yards while serving as a checkdown option in an offense bereft of playmakers at wide receiver.
Last season with Jay Cutler’s favorite target, Brandon Marshall, on board, Forte caught just 44 passes for only 340 yards in a reduced role. But from all indications, new head coach Marc Trestman’s offense will allow Forte to have a more prominent role in the passing game.
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks