In each of Matt Forte’s first four seasons in the league, he caught more than 50 passes for at least 470 yards while serving as a checkdown option in an offense bereft of playmakers at wide receiver.
Last season with Jay Cutler’s favorite target, Brandon Marshall, on board, Forte caught just 44 passes for only 340 yards in a reduced role. But from all indications, new head coach Marc Trestman’s offense will allow Forte to have a more prominent role in the passing game.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft