As reported early Wednesday, Bears nickel back Kelvin Hayden tore his left hamstring, an injury that will require surgery and cost him the entire 2013 season.
Second-year pro Isaiah Frey, who has had a good training camp so far by showing up around the ball and making plays, will get a crack at being the team’s new nickel corner. But as encouraging as the youngster’s play has been, the Bears will miss the veteran Hayden’s experience, and they’ll certainly miss having quality depth at the position should injuries later in the season stretch that position thin.
Bears CB Hayden tears hamstring, out for season (Chicago Tribune)
Kelvin Hayden to miss season (ESPN)
Bears’ Kelvin Hayden out for year with torn hamstring (NFL.com)
Bears lose Kelvin Hayden for the year (Pro Football Talk)
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft