As reported early Wednesday, Bears nickel back Kelvin Hayden tore his left hamstring, an injury that will require surgery and cost him the entire 2013 season.
Second-year pro Isaiah Frey, who has had a good training camp so far by showing up around the ball and making plays, will get a crack at being the team’s new nickel corner. But as encouraging as the youngster’s play has been, the Bears will miss the veteran Hayden’s experience, and they’ll certainly miss having quality depth at the position should injuries later in the season stretch that position thin.
Bears CB Hayden tears hamstring, out for season (Chicago Tribune)
Kelvin Hayden to miss season (ESPN)
Bears’ Kelvin Hayden out for year with torn hamstring (NFL.com)
Bears lose Kelvin Hayden for the year (Pro Football Talk)
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers
- Phil Emery joining Atlanta Falcons scouting department
- NFL Power Rankings: 2015 Week 21 -- Super Bowl 50
- Ron Rivera channeling Mike Ditka, 1985 Bears before Super Bowl
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh leaves Bears for Rams
- Bears hire Dave Ragone as new quarterbacks coach