We haven’t seen much from Bears kickoff and punt returner Devin Hester since Week 2 against the Vikings, when he set a Bears single-game record with 249 kickoff return yards. Typically, it’s been because he hasn’t had the opportunity to take the ball out of the end zone, thanks to the NFL’s rule change a few seasons back, placing the kickoff at the 35-yard-line.
Thursday night against Giants, Hester may have his opportunity to shine.
Giants kicker Josh Brown is ranked just 17th in the NFL with 14 touchbacks, tied with Bears kicker Robbie Gould, and Brown will be kicking in the same venue Gould is used to playing in. If there are swirling winds, there could be short kicks or limited hang time, giving Hester a shot at bringing the ball out. On top of it all, Hester has had great success in his career in prime time.
Let’s see what the kid has in store for us.
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks