According to The Plain Dealer out of Cleveland, the Browns have signed former Bears wide receiver Earl Bennett.
Bennett caught just 32 receptions for 243 yards and four touchdowns last season. The Bears cut ties with him in March in a cap-saving move.
With star wideout Josh Gordon possibly facing a lengthy suspension for violating the NFL substance-abuse policy, the Browns will need depth at the position.
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game