According to The Plain Dealer out of Cleveland, the Browns have signed former Bears wide receiver Earl Bennett.
Bennett caught just 32 receptions for 243 yards and four touchdowns last season. The Bears cut ties with him in March in a cap-saving move.
With star wideout Josh Gordon possibly facing a lengthy suspension for violating the NFL substance-abuse policy, the Browns will need depth at the position.
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler
- Jake Long to work out with Bears
- Alshon Jeffery contract status: WR skips voluntary practices
- Bears sign Leonard Floyd
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks