According to The Plain Dealer out of Cleveland, the Browns have signed former Bears wide receiver Earl Bennett.
Bennett caught just 32 receptions for 243 yards and four touchdowns last season. The Bears cut ties with him in March in a cap-saving move.
With star wideout Josh Gordon possibly facing a lengthy suspension for violating the NFL substance-abuse policy, the Browns will need depth at the position.
- Bears promote QB Matt Barkley from the practice squad
- Bears taking step backward to take two steps forward?
- Robbie Gould missed, but rightfully gone
- Bears pass rush just not hitting home
- Bears offensive line makes it difficult to do much of anything
- Bears run game must pick up the slack in Cutler's stead
- Bears run defense showed signs of life before injuries
- Lamarr Houston injury opens door for Leonard Floyd
- Eddie Goldman injury is most alarming one for Bears
- Alshon Jeffery’s contract at top of mind Monday night