According to The Plain Dealer out of Cleveland, the Browns have signed former Bears wide receiver Earl Bennett.
Bennett caught just 32 receptions for 243 yards and four touchdowns last season. The Bears cut ties with him in March in a cap-saving move.
With star wideout Josh Gordon possibly facing a lengthy suspension for violating the NFL substance-abuse policy, the Browns will need depth at the position.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year