Bears safety Chris Conte is continuing his rehab from offseason shoulder surgery and the much maligned pro is anxious to get medical clearance to play.
“As soon as I can get back out there, I’ll get back,” Conte said Tuesday. “I haven’t had any setbacks or anything. Everything is going well.”
Conte surely must be anxious to return to the field after a disastrous 2013 season, one which put him on the hot seat and caused the Bears to address the position in free agency and in the draft.
“There are a lot of different faces,” he said. “But [being sidelined] is definitely an opportunity for me to focus and work on the mental aspects of things.”
The Bears — and their fans — are hoping that competition at the position will bring the best out of Conte and his teammates.
- Final 2015 NFL Power Rankings
- Free Agency: Is Shea McClellin done with Bears?
- Would Jahri Evans make sense for the Bears?
- Super Bowl 50: Peyton Manning, Cam Newton differences plentiful
- Super Bowl 50: Pass rush still most valuable NFL asset
- NFL Predictions: 2015 Week 21 Picks — Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Odds: Analyzing the lines for 2016 season
- Bears' Zach Miller seeking big free agent contract
- Cam Newton’s race comments off base, miss the point
- Dave Wannstedt offers solution to defending Carolina Panthers