Bears safety Chris Conte is continuing his rehab from offseason shoulder surgery and the much maligned pro is anxious to get medical clearance to play.
“As soon as I can get back out there, I’ll get back,” Conte said Tuesday. “I haven’t had any setbacks or anything. Everything is going well.”
Conte surely must be anxious to return to the field after a disastrous 2013 season, one which put him on the hot seat and caused the Bears to address the position in free agency and in the draft.
“There are a lot of different faces,” he said. “But [being sidelined] is definitely an opportunity for me to focus and work on the mental aspects of things.”
The Bears — and their fans — are hoping that competition at the position will bring the best out of Conte and his teammates.
- Bears-Patriots Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 2
- Bears-Broncos Preview: Four things to watch in Preseason Game 1
- Hroniss Grasu tears ACL; likely out for season
- Willie Young signs 2-year extension with Bears
- 2016 Chicago Bears training camp: what to watch
- Charles Tillman retires after 13 NFL seasons
- Legendary Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan dies at 82
- Alshon Jeffery at minicamp, still wants long-term deal
- Bears sign Jonathan Bullard to 4-year deal
- Chicago Bears sign offensive tackle Nate Chandler