Bears safety Chris Conte is continuing his rehab from offseason shoulder surgery and the much maligned pro is anxious to get medical clearance to play.
“As soon as I can get back out there, I’ll get back,” Conte said Tuesday. “I haven’t had any setbacks or anything. Everything is going well.”
Conte surely must be anxious to return to the field after a disastrous 2013 season, one which put him on the hot seat and caused the Bears to address the position in free agency and in the draft.
“There are a lot of different faces,” he said. “But [being sidelined] is definitely an opportunity for me to focus and work on the mental aspects of things.”
The Bears — and their fans — are hoping that competition at the position will bring the best out of Conte and his teammates.
- Report: Chicago Bears, Willie Young in contract extension talks
- Which Bears veterans are on high alert following NFL Draft?
- Chicago Bears rookie uniform numbers revealed
- 2016 Chicago Bears draft picks
- Bears release Antrel Rolle, Matt Slauson
- Bears sign veteran quarterback Brian Hoyer
- Chicago Bears draft Daniel Braverman in seventh round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft DeAndre Houston-Carson in sixth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Jordan Howard in fifth round of 2016 NFL Draft
- Chicago Bears draft Deiondre' Hall in fourth round of 2016 NFL Draft