Bears safety Chris Conte is continuing his rehab from offseason shoulder surgery and the much maligned pro is anxious to get medical clearance to play.
“As soon as I can get back out there, I’ll get back,” Conte said Tuesday. “I haven’t had any setbacks or anything. Everything is going well.”
Conte surely must be anxious to return to the field after a disastrous 2013 season, one which put him on the hot seat and caused the Bears to address the position in free agency and in the draft.
“There are a lot of different faces,” he said. “But [being sidelined] is definitely an opportunity for me to focus and work on the mental aspects of things.”
The Bears — and their fans — are hoping that competition at the position will bring the best out of Conte and his teammates.
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear
- Bears defense plays with a purpose against Lions
- Alshon Jeffery and the long ball take back seat to Eddie Royal’s short game
- Jordan Howard flashes potential -- and shades of Matt Forte