Bears head coach John Fox opened his Monday press conference with the news that quarterback Jay Cutler has a hamstring strain and his status for Week 3’s game against the Seattle Seahawks is unclear.
When he was pressed for more information regarding Cutler’s ability to practice this week, Fox replied, “I don’t know. Is it going to be heads or tails Sunday? I don’t know.”
Fox will continue to play his cards close to the vest as he has since the beginning of training camp, and I don’t have a problem with it. Chances are good that the Bears will get smacked around by the defending NFC conference champions this week, and it likely won’t matter if Cutler plays or not, but why give them any extra intel?
Keep up to speed on this and other topics on the Bears Beat.
- Jay Cutler has strained hamstring, status uncertain
- John Fox: Bears’ Jay Cutler has hamstring strain
- Jay Cutler, for all his reported progress, remains a disaster
- John Fox Offers Next To No Detail On Jay Cutler’s Injury Status
- Bears coach Fox: Hamstring injury to Jay Cutler is not really severe
- John Fox: Cutler’s hamstring strain ‘not really severe’
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year