Most teams know that when they prepare to take on the Bears, they’re going to focus almost all their attention on Matt Forte and the running game.
That’s exactly what the Oakland Raiders tried to do in their 22-20 loss to the Bears on Sunday. And although they held Forte to less than 100 yards — 91 yards on 25 carries for a 3.6 average — it was the Bears’ dedication to the run game that slowly chipped away at the Raiders’ defense and kept the Bears in control of the game.
I’m sure Forte has more than just football on his mind at this point. He’s been the subject of trade rumors this week and is, of course, in the final year of his contract. Where he plays next year and how much money he gets is surely on his mind.
Whether or not Forte finishes the year on the Bears’ roster remains to be seen, but as long as he is wearing the navy blue and burnt orange, you can bet the Bears will continue to ride the workhorse.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year