Bears tight end Martellus Bennett injured his quad in practice on Thursday and was not able to participate on Friday. Bennett is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game with the Detroit Lions.
Bennett’s injury is just another in the long line of obstacles that quarterback Jay Cutler and the entire Bears offense has had to endure this season. Rookie Kevin White has not been on the field since the offseason, Alshon Jeffery has played in just one game this season as he has battled calf and hamstring injuries, and Eddie Royal missed Sunday’s game as well.
If Bennett cannot go, that would leave backup tight ends Zach Miller and Khari Lee to join receivers Marquess Wilson and Cameron Meredith as Cutler’s top receiving options if Jeffery and Royal cannot go.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear