Bears head coach John Fox said on Monday that running back Matt Forte likely won’t need surgery on the knee he injured in Sunday’s 23-20 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
I’m not sure which side let out a deeper sigh of relief: Bears fans, or Forte, who is up for a new contract at the end of the season.
Fox also specified that while Forte’s knee injury is not a season-ending one, there is no timetable set for his return.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year