Bears head coach John Fox said on Monday that running back Matt Forte likely won’t need surgery on the knee he injured in Sunday’s 23-20 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.
I’m not sure which side let out a deeper sigh of relief: Bears fans, or Forte, who is up for a new contract at the end of the season.
Fox also specified that while Forte’s knee injury is not a season-ending one, there is no timetable set for his return.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear