I don’t think Jordan Reed’s fantasy football value has ever been higher. The Washington Redskins tight end destroyed the Bears defense in the team’s 24-21 victory on Sunday.
Reed caught 9 passes for 120 yards and a touchdown. The Bears defense made him look like New England’s Rob Gronkowski. He was a one-man wrecking crew, racking up big yards after catch as the Bears just couldn’t tackle him.
I give Reed a lot of credit as a versatile playmaker, and stopping him was one of my keys to beating the Redskins this week. But tackling is all about will and discipline, and I’m not letting the Bears defense off the hook. Their effort in bringing down the Redskins’ tight end was pitiful and a leading cause for the defeat on Sunday.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year