The Bears announced on Friday that Dave Ragone has been hired as quarterbacks coach. Ragone replaces Dowell Loggains, who was promoted to offensive coordinator after Adam Gase was hired by the Miami Dolphins as head coach.
Ragone, 36, played three years in the league as a backup quarterback with the Houston Texans from 2003-05. He also had short stints with the Cincinnati Bengals and the St. Louis Rams in 2006.
After his playing days were over, Ragone spent time with the Tennessee Titans as wide receivers coach in 2011-12 and as quarterbacks coach in 2013. As a member of the Titans coaching staff, Ragone worked with Loggains, who was offensive coordinator at the time.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce