The Bears announced on Tuesday that wide receiver Alshon Jeffery has signed his franchise tag tender.
The move is an encouraging sign as the receiver does not appear to be disgruntled about receiving the tag, and it means he’ll likely be at offseason minicamp unless he has a last-minute change of heart. If he skips camp he will get fined, so his intentions clearly are to be a cooperative team player.
The Bears will continue to negotiate with Jeffery and his agent on a long-term deal, and the two sides have until July 15 to work one out.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear