The Bears announced on Tuesday that wide receiver Alshon Jeffery has signed his franchise tag tender.
The move is an encouraging sign as the receiver does not appear to be disgruntled about receiving the tag, and it means he’ll likely be at offseason minicamp unless he has a last-minute change of heart. If he skips camp he will get fined, so his intentions clearly are to be a cooperative team player.
The Bears will continue to negotiate with Jeffery and his agent on a long-term deal, and the two sides have until July 15 to work one out.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year