According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, the Bears are re-signing veteran cornerback Tracy Porter.
The #Bears are re-signing CB Tracy Porter, source said. They rejuvenated his career there.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 9, 2016
Porter, who earned the nickname, ‘Fourth-Quarter Porter’, for making big plays in the final period of the game, signed a three-year deal, according to ProFootballTalk.com.
Porter took to Twitter to announce his re-signing with but simple emojis — which apparently are the way to go in lieu of words these days.
— Tracy Porter (@__TPorter__) March 9, 2016
Porter had a solid year for the Bears after taking over for Alan Ball early in the season. At one point, he was among the top defenders in the league in pass defenses, before falling back and finishing 27th overall.
Porter also came up with a huge interception against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers on Thanksgiving night to help the Bears upset their division rivals.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year