The Bears announced on Thursday that they’ve agreed to a two-year extension with cornerback Sherrick McManis.
Although McManis adds depth to the cornerback position, his main value comes as a core special teams player.
McManis led the Bears with 17 tackles on special teams last season, according to the Chicago Tribune, and has had 55 tackles over the course of four seasons.
McManis reportedly turned down offers from the New England Patriots and Jacksonville Jaguars, according to the Tribune.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year