Mariani signed a one-year deal while Unrein’s deal was for two years.
Mariani had some struggles in the return game, but showed his versatility by pitching in on offense when the receiving corps was decimated by injuries. On a short-term deal, his spot on the opening-day roster is not a guarantee, and he’ll have to earn it on the field in the preseason.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce