Mariani signed a one-year deal while Unrein’s deal was for two years.
Mariani had some struggles in the return game, but showed his versatility by pitching in on offense when the receiving corps was decimated by injuries. On a short-term deal, his spot on the opening-day roster is not a guarantee, and he’ll have to earn it on the field in the preseason.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear