The Bears agreed to a one-year deal with tight end Rob Housler, the team announced on Monday.
Housler spent the first part of the 2015 season with the Browns before being released. He then joined the Bears in December after Martellus Bennett was placed on injured reserve. He appeared in four games and recorded three receptions.
The Bears continue to shop Bennett as the team looks to get something back for Bennett’s services. There is wide speculation that if the Bears do not find a trade partner, they might just release Bennett.
If that happens, it’ll create a huge void at the tight end position, one in which Housler could not fill.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year