After trading Martellus Bennett to the New England Patriots last Wednesday, the Bears are looking to fill his shoes. The team has agreed to a three-year offer sheet with New Orleans Saints restricted free agent tight end Josh Hill, according to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune.
Under the league’s free agency rules, the Saints will have five days to match the Bears’ offer sheet or else they’ll lose him without any compensation.
Hill is a three-year veteran out of Idaho State, signed by the Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2013. He started seven games last year and appeared in all 16, catching 16 passes for 120 yards and two touchdowns.
- Chicago Bears 2017 Draft Class Analysis
- ‘Mitch Trubisky Era’ begins now for the Chicago Bears
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference