The Bears agreed to a one-year deal with free agent linebacker Sam Acho, the team announced on Monday.
Acho joined the Bears in 2015 after spending his first four seasons in the league with the Arizona Cardinals. Acho started 7 games and appeared in 15, recording 39 tackles, one pass defense and one forced fumble.
Acho displayed great energy and awareness on the field and was a key special teams contributor as well as a defender.
The Bears are in the process of filling out the depth on their roster with short-term deals. Acho joins safety Chris Prosinski, kick returner Deonte Thompson, tight end Rob Housler, and receiver/punt returner Marc Mariani to re-sign one-year deals with the Bears this free agency period. Tight end Zach Miller, defensive lineman Mitch Unrein, and cornerback Sherrick McManis also re-signed with the team on two-year deals.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year