The Bears agreed to a one-year deal with free agent linebacker Sam Acho, the team announced on Monday.
Acho joined the Bears in 2015 after spending his first four seasons in the league with the Arizona Cardinals. Acho started 7 games and appeared in 15, recording 39 tackles, one pass defense and one forced fumble.
Acho displayed great energy and awareness on the field and was a key special teams contributor as well as a defender.
The Bears are in the process of filling out the depth on their roster with short-term deals. Acho joins safety Chris Prosinski, kick returner Deonte Thompson, tight end Rob Housler, and receiver/punt returner Marc Mariani to re-sign one-year deals with the Bears this free agency period. Tight end Zach Miller, defensive lineman Mitch Unrein, and cornerback Sherrick McManis also re-signed with the team on two-year deals.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear