The Bears are searching for help along the offensive line and have scheduled a workout on Thursday with four-time Pro Bowl tackle Jake Long, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Former Falcons, Rams and Dolphins OT Jake Long is working out today for the Chicago Bears, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 2, 2016
Long was the first overall pick in the 2008 draft by the Miami Dolphins. He was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his first four seasons in the league.
In 2013, Long departed the Dolphins and signed a four-year deal with the St. Louis Rams, but his time was cut short by a torn ACL and a decline in play.
Long spent 2015 with the Atlanta Falcons as a backup and appeared in only four games.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year