The Bears are searching for help along the offensive line and have scheduled a workout on Thursday with four-time Pro Bowl tackle Jake Long, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Former Falcons, Rams and Dolphins OT Jake Long is working out today for the Chicago Bears, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 2, 2016
Long was the first overall pick in the 2008 draft by the Miami Dolphins. He was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his first four seasons in the league.
In 2013, Long departed the Dolphins and signed a four-year deal with the St. Louis Rams, but his time was cut short by a torn ACL and a decline in play.
Long spent 2015 with the Atlanta Falcons as a backup and appeared in only four games.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear