The Bears have agreed to a deal with running back Joique Bell on Tuesday, the veteran announced via Instagram.
The former Detroit Lions running back was brought in to be a veteran presence as starter Jeremy Langford is expected to miss four to six weeks with an ankle injury sustained in Sunday night’s loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
Bell, 30, has rushed for 2,235 career yards and has a 4.0 yards per carry average. He’s also caught 161 passes for 1,640 yards and has 23 career touchdowns.
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year
- Chicago Bears tank? Not going to happen
- Jay Cutler's shoulder surgery could end Bears career
- Alshon Jeffery's suspension is Bears' long-term gain
- Jay Cutler at fault, but all Bears to blame in loss to Bucs
- Jay Cutler’s return sparks team as Bears beat Vikings
- 'Jay Cutler or Brian Hoyer' quarterback controversy answer is clear