The Bears have agreed to a deal with running back Joique Bell on Tuesday, the veteran announced via Instagram.
The former Detroit Lions running back was brought in to be a veteran presence as starter Jeremy Langford is expected to miss four to six weeks with an ankle injury sustained in Sunday night’s loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
Bell, 30, has rushed for 2,235 career yards and has a 4.0 yards per carry average. He’s also caught 161 passes for 1,640 yards and has 23 career touchdowns.
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday
- Vic Fangio, Bears can’t be headed toward a divorce
- 2016 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year