Bears second-year wide receiver Kevin White exited Sunday’s 17-14 victory over the Detroit Lions with ankle injury, but not after posting some of his best numbers as a pro.
White had caught 6 balls for 55 yards before sustaining the injury. He started taking control in the offense and commanding defensive attention, the kind of attention you want from a difference-maker at the position. He was having his best game yet, continuing his upward trend since he made his debut in Week 1.
If White misses time, hopefully it isn’t for too long. He was getting better each week, which is what you want all players on your roster to do throughout the season. It would be a shame for him to halt his progress at this point.
- ‘Mitch Trubisky Era’ begins now for the Chicago Bears
- Chicago Bears 2017 Schedule and Previews
- Bears free agent moves creating competition at positions of need
- Replacing Alshon Jeffery could be near-impossible task
- Bears to sign wide receiver Markus Wheaton
- Bears sign tight end Dion Sims
- Bears sign veteran safety Quintin Demps
- Where do Bears go from here at wide receiver?
- Ryan Pace and John Fox season-ending joint press conference
- Bears-Packers record headed for all-time tie on Sunday