Tag Archives: 2009

2009 Weekly Predictions: Week 16

December 25th, 2009 - 3:12 pm

I had a rough Week 15, missing on seven total games. The Vikings’ loss to the Panthers, the Broncos’ defeat to the Raiders, and Dallas’ upset over New Orleans were the biggest surprises to me. Then I missed on the [...]

Continue reading 2009 Weekly Predictions: Week 16

Four Downs: Keys to beating the Vikings

December 24th, 2009 - 7:00 am

A look at four keys for the Bears to beat this week’s opponent. 1. Keep the Vikings’ offense off the field The Bears had the right formula last week to beat the Ravens, they just turned the ball over too [...]

Continue reading Four Downs: Keys to beating the Vikings

Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Ravens (12.20.09)

December 21st, 2009 - 9:53 am

It’s been five years since the last time I watched Bears games with an eye toward next season, but the feeling has returned. That season five years ago was Lovie’s first as head coach of the Bears, when they went [...]

Continue reading Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Ravens (12.20.09)

Schadenfreude, anyone? Packers lose to Steelers

December 20th, 2009 - 7:23 pm

When your team is bad and you can hardly stomach watching the game, your next favorite team to watch is the one playing against the Bears’ hated division rivals. The last few minutes of the Packers-Steelers game were quite enjoyable [...]

Continue reading Schadenfreude, anyone? Packers lose to Steelers

Postgame Thoughts: Bears vs. Ravens (12.20.09)

December 20th, 2009 - 6:57 pm

Six to one. No, that wasn’t the final score of the Bears-Ravens game. That was the turnover ratio, heavily favoring the victorious Ravens. When you turn over the ball that many times, you can’t expect to win, and the Bears [...]

Continue reading Postgame Thoughts: Bears vs. Ravens (12.20.09)

Game Breakdown: Bears at Ravens (12.20.09)

December 20th, 2009 - 10:46 am

Bears offense vs. Ravens defense The Ravens have used the same formula to win games for much of the franchise’s existence in Baltimore. They want to run the football and play great defense and that’s exactly what has worked for [...]

Continue reading Game Breakdown: Bears at Ravens (12.20.09)

2009 Weekly Predictions: Week 15

December 19th, 2009 - 3:40 pm

After going 12-1 in the early games on Sunday last week, I missed the Sunday night and Monday night games to finish with a 12-3 record. Once again, I missed on Jacksonville as they lost to Miami. This week the [...]

Continue reading 2009 Weekly Predictions: Week 15

Four Downs: Keys to beating the Ravens

December 18th, 2009 - 12:38 pm

A look at four keys for the Bears to beat this week’s opponent. 1. Contain Ray Rice He may not be very big, but at 5-foot-8, Baltimore running back Ray Rice runs like a truck. As is the case with [...]

Continue reading Four Downs: Keys to beating the Ravens

Three games remain, but just one with meaning

December 16th, 2009 - 10:03 pm

If there’s anybody out there hoping for a Bears upset over the Ravens or Vikings in the next two weeks, I wouldn’t hold your breath for too long. Typically, when an average team is mathematically eliminated from the playoff chase, [...]

Continue reading Three games remain, but just one with meaning

Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Packers (12.13.09)

December 14th, 2009 - 10:18 am

It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to write a Monday Morning Quarterback entry with a sunny disposition. Not even a victory over the Rams or Browns in the past two months could change the gloomy feeling I’ve [...]

Continue reading Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Packers (12.13.09)