Tag Archives: 2009

Postgame Thoughts: Bears vs. Packers (12.13.09)

December 13th, 2009 - 4:09 pm

With the Bears’ 21-14 loss to the Packers Sunday, the Bears have been swept by their rivals for the first time in the Lovie Smith era. Didn’t he say that beating Green Bay was his No. 1 goal when he [...]

Continue reading Postgame Thoughts: Bears vs. Packers (12.13.09)

Game Breakdown: Packers at Bears (12.13.09)

December 13th, 2009 - 9:40 am

Bears offense vs. Packers defense In years past, as the famed, but fabled, “Bear Weather” would arrive in December, the Bears would have to resort to grinding out tough yardage with their run game and rely on their defense to [...]

Continue reading Game Breakdown: Packers at Bears (12.13.09)

2009 Weekly Predictions: Week 14

December 12th, 2009 - 11:59 am

Last week, I finished with an 11-5 mark for the second straight week. Miami’s upset win over the Patriots and the Raiders’ upset over the Steelers were the two biggest surprises for me. Arizona’s victory over the Vikings was also [...]

Continue reading 2009 Weekly Predictions: Week 14

Four Downs: Keys to beating the Packers

December 11th, 2009 - 7:20 pm

A look at four keys for the Bears to beat this week’s opponent. 1. Generate pressure with the front four The Bears’ defensive linemen ought to be licking their chops this week. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has been sacked a [...]

Continue reading Four Downs: Keys to beating the Packers

Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Rams (12.06.09)

December 7th, 2009 - 1:07 pm

It’s become excessively clear just how poorly this season has been for the Bears when the Monday morning following a victory is one filled with melancholy and disinterest. And to some, disappointment with the win. It’s clear that Bears fans [...]

Continue reading Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Rams (12.06.09)

Postgame Thoughts: Bears vs. Rams (12.06.09)

December 6th, 2009 - 3:37 pm

With nothing but pride on the line, the Bears took the field and did what they had to do to win a game they should have won. There was nothing flashy about the victory. Jay Cutler threw for just 143 [...]

Continue reading Postgame Thoughts: Bears vs. Rams (12.06.09)

Game Breakdown: Rams at Bears (12.06.09)

December 6th, 2009 - 10:06 am

Bears offense vs. Rams defense St. Louis’ defense is in the bottom third of the league against both the pass and the run, so the Bears’ offense should be able to run whatever it wants. The Bears have the worst [...]

Continue reading Game Breakdown: Rams at Bears (12.06.09)

2009 Weekly Predictions: Week 13

December 5th, 2009 - 12:00 pm

I had a decent Week 12, missing on Buffalo’s victory over Miami, the Jets’ win over the Panthers, San Francisco’s victory over Jacksonville, Tennessee’s upset over the Cardinals, and the Saints’ trouncing of the Patriots (can’t argue with that incorrect [...]

Continue reading 2009 Weekly Predictions: Week 13

Four Downs: Keys to beating the Rams

December 4th, 2009 - 9:23 am

A look at four keys for the Bears to beat this week’s opponent. 1. Stop Steven Jackson Jackson did not fully practice this week and is questionable for the game on Sunday, but my hunch is that he’ll play. If [...]

Continue reading Four Downs: Keys to beating the Rams

Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Vikings (11.29.09)

November 30th, 2009 - 12:50 pm

I know the Minnesota Vikings are one of, if not the best football team in the NFL, but the Bears’ performance Sunday against their division rival was even worse than the final score indicated. From a bird’s eye view, the [...]

Continue reading Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Vikings (11.29.09)