Tag Archives: 2010

No green and gold cheering from me

January 9th, 2011 - 10:48 am

Exchanging texts with my brother Saturday night following the Seahawks’ 41-36 upset victory over the defending Super Bowl champion Saints, he mentioned how his rooting interests have changed for Sunday’s NFC Wild Card matchup between the Eagles and Packers. He [...]

Continue reading No green and gold cheering from me

2010 Weekly Predictions: Wild Card Round

January 7th, 2011 - 3:32 pm

Week 17 is typically a difficult week to predict due to the uncertainty of which teams will play their starters if they already have a playoff spot wrapped up, and which teams have players that are going to give it [...]

Continue reading 2010 Weekly Predictions: Wild Card Round

Analyzing the Bears’ potential divisional round opponents

January 5th, 2011 - 11:31 am

Due to the NFL’s scheduling rules which ensure that the No. 1 seed in a conference will play the worst seed in the divisional round of the playoffs, the No. 2 Bears have three potential opponents from this week’s wild [...]

Continue reading Analyzing the Bears’ potential divisional round opponents

Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Packers (01.02.11)

January 3rd, 2011 - 9:18 am

The Bears fell to the rival Packers, 10-3, Sunday evening and aside from not being able to keep a good team out of the playoffs, the result was about as good as one could expect. Sure, I didn’t like to [...]

Continue reading Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Packers (01.02.11)

Game Breakdown: Bears at Packers (01.02.11)

January 1st, 2011 - 10:04 am

Bears offense vs. Packers defense One of the best things the Bears have going for them as of late is their team balance. When one phase has been down, the other two have been good and have made up the [...]

Continue reading Game Breakdown: Bears at Packers (01.02.11)

2010 Weekly Predictions: Week 17

December 31st, 2010 - 11:26 am

I had a rough week last week as several upsets derailed my predictions. Arizona over Dallas, Washington over Jacksonville, Detroit over Miami, Cincinnati over San Diego, and Minnesota over Philadelphia were the big surprises. I had a pretty good week [...]

Continue reading 2010 Weekly Predictions: Week 17

Four Downs: Keys to beating the Packers (01/02/11)

December 29th, 2010 - 7:35 pm

A look at four keys for the Bears to beat this week’s opponent.

Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Jets (12.26.10)

December 27th, 2010 - 9:25 am

With a first round bye in this year’s playoffs within grasp, the Bears outlasted a good Jets team on Sunday to advance to 11-4 on the season. The Bears jumped out to an early lead when they received the opening [...]

Continue reading Monday Morning Quarterback: Bears-Jets (12.26.10)

Game Breakdown: Jets at Bears (12.26.10)

December 26th, 2010 - 12:08 am

Bears offense vs. Jets defense Against a Top 10 defense last week, the Bears offense churned out 34 points on just 293 net yards. We’ll see if they can repeat that performance against the league’s fifth-ranked defense of the Jets. [...]

Continue reading Game Breakdown: Jets at Bears (12.26.10)

2010 Weekly Predictions: Week 16

December 23rd, 2010 - 12:46 pm

My hot streak cooled off this past week as I went 10-6 in both straight-up predictions as well as against the spread. Carolina’s victory over Arizona and Detroit’s victory over Tampa Bay were the biggest surprises for me. I also [...]

Continue reading 2010 Weekly Predictions: Week 16